How Should I Care For the Different Types of Glass Used in Today’s Windows?
Glass care today is more important than ever. Insulating low-e, or heat reflective glass requires proper maintenance to ensure their complete effectiveness.
- Clean glass with a mixture of mild dish soap and water. Rinse completely with clear water, then wipe dry with a soft cloth to avoid water spots.
- Avoid washing glass in direct sunlight.
- Abrasive or caustic cleaners are never recommended because they might cause permanent damage to the finish or the glass.
- Never use any petroleum-based cleaners, or caustic chemicals on your glass. Never use a razor blade, putty knife or abrasive pad to clean the glass. Do not use a high-pressure spray nozzle when rinsing your windows after washing. All of these practices may damage the glass surface, the insulating glass seal, or component parts.
- Clean screens by first removing, then washing on a flat, clean surface with mild soap, water, and a soft brush. Rinse, wipe dry, and reinstall.